Friday, September 30, 2011

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

I'm looking at the pitch black sky outside
And I realize that I'm afraid of the dark
I turn on all the lights inside
But there's still fear in my heart

I'm trying to keep myself busy
But it's starting to rain very hard
The lights make scary shadows
And I realize I'm afraid of the dark

But then I look around
You're standing there, smiling
You're not bothered by the thundering sounds
Aren't you afraid of the dark?

I find your smile reassuring somehow
I'm walking towards you
I can feel you holding my hands now
I'm asking you to hug me too

You say there's no need to be afraid
Soon light will succeed the dark
You tell me you'll hold my hand all night
If it will calm my heart

But will you stay beside me
Till the sun shines in my room?
I'm still afraid of the dark you see
But I'm no longer afraid of you...







1 comment:

jimmy said...

Don't let me lose you, I'm not tryna confuse you
When I let loose wit this uzi and just shoot through your Isuzu
You get the messege? Am I gettin through to you?
You know what's comin, you Preksha don't even know, do you?
Take some Books and some sites and you mix em' up in a pot
Sprinkle a little bit on top, what the heck do you got?
You got the realest and illest killas tied up in a knot
The juggernauts of this 'word'dap shit, like it or not
It's like a fight to the top just to see who'd die for the spot
You put ya life in this, nothin like surviving a shot
They’ll never catch up to all this energy that I’ve mustered
So God just help me out while I fight through this grieving process
Tryna process this loss is making me nauseous
But this depression ain’t takin me hostage
I’ve been patiently watching this game, pacing these hallways
You had faith in me always
you knew I’d come out of this slump, rise from these ashes -Jimmy