Saturday, January 2, 2010

MOON LIGHT



The night was dead as I stepped into it
Maybe everyone had gone to sleep
I looked around to take the scene in
Remains of a castle stood in a heap

The beach looked unnaturally quiet
Except for the soft sand under my feet
I wondered what might have caused this
Coz I saw no bird, not one beast

And then I turned and saw the moon
Following me like a spotlight
It seemed beautiful; at peace
And I started to feel at ease

I was drenched in the light
That the moon cast upon me
I shimmered from head to toe
As if the moon was caressing me

It was just the two of us
We seemed to play hide and seek
I ran away from the light
And it chased, shining down at me

Now I sensed the beach wasn't quiet
The sand and sea were applauding me
I played with them all and the moon
Feeling nature's blessings upon me

6 comments:

Life Coach said...

fantastiic.
Great to see such work. Keep it up.

mindgymnast said...

great job
congrats

Puneet said...

hi!
wonderful blog!
i liked your poems..
please drop by my and some of my friends blog which some similar poems :)
http://universalyoungistaan.blogspot.com/
keep sharing
puneet

Preksha Khanna said...

I really praise for your appreciation. I am delighted that you enjoyed them. please do visit my blog again for some more.
Thanks
Preksha

ila sharma said...

amazing! Stay inspired.

Sheena said...

nice one sis.. good work.. get ur book out fast!!